Looking for other ways to give?
Help make the holidays brighter for families working with our advocates and donate gift cards! Gas and grocery store gift cards in denominations of $25-50 are ideal for us to share with our participants.
Check out our Immediate Needs page for a list of items that are currently needed at our shelter or by participants we are working with in the community.
You can make an impact while you shop on Amazon. Simply shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1414710 and AmazonSmile will donate to Casa de Esperanza, at no cost to you.
Please contact our administrative office at 651-646-5553 for information on dropping off donations.
- Gift cards to grocery stores (Cub Foods, Target, Walmart – $25-50 denominations are preferred)
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- Conditioner for hair
- Laundry soap
- Dish soap
- Women’s and children’s socks-all sizes
- Women’s and children’s underwear-all sizes
- Refillable Insulated water bottles
- Hats, Gloves, Mittens, Scarfs – adult and children (all sizes)
Donate Self-Care Kits for Survivors
Due to the high levels of stress and trauma that many survivors of domestic violence face, our advocates support and encourage participants to incorporate self-care techniques into their daily lives. Survivors of abuse are often told they are undeserving and have had very few opportunities to take care of themselves and their children in ways they deserve. There are many useful materials that support survivors to practice self-care. Here is a list of supplies that can be collected and assembled into self-care kits for our advocates to give to participants:
- Essential oils for aromatherapy
- Scented candles or incense
- Yoga mats
- Yoga, zumba, or dance passes or DVDs
- Stress balls
- Fidget rings or tactile jewelry
- Coloring books and supplies
- Painting canvas and paints
- Crochet hooks/Knitting needles and yarn
- Other craft supplies
- Shopping giftcards
- Nail polish
- Spa giftcards or kits
Donate Move-In Kits for Survivors
Women and children experiencing domestic violence often come to the Refugio (shelter) with very few of their possessions. Additionally, many of the survivors we work with do not have access to their family finances and may depend on their partners for financial support. Some may not be able to return to their previous homes so we do assist them in finding safe housing. When residents leave the Refugio and move into a new home, they are often starting from scratch. We attempt to provide a Move-In Kit for every resident that leaves so they have a smoother start in creating their new home. Here is a list of supplies that can be collected and assembled into Move-In Kits for survivors and their children leaving the Refugio:
- Laundry baskets
- Laundry detergent
- Clothes hangers (no wire please)*
- Dish soap and sponges
- Bathroom and kitchen cleaning supplies
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper and facial tissues
- Large pots and pans*
- Cooking utensils*
- Dishes and glassware*
- Coffee mugs*
- Large storage containers with locking lids (for moving and storage)*
- Bed linens, blankets, and comforters*
- Grocery, Gas, and shopping gift cards
*indicates that gently used items are accepted.
Click here to see a list of items always needed at our shelter and a wish list of items put together by our community engagement team. (PDF)
Casa de Esperanza is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, your contributions are tax-deductible according to Internal Revenue Service regulations.