We are very pleased to announce that at our 35th Anniversary Gala on May 31, 2018, we will recognize the leadership and work of a Latina in Minnesota who will receive an ¡Adelante Esperanza! Award for Transformational Leadership in honor of Sandra L. Vargas, former President and CEO of the Minneapolis Foundation. We will also recognize a Latina who will receive an award for Community Change named in memory of Lupe R. Serrano, the visionary Executive Director and President of Casa de Esperanza (see separate Nomination Form). If you would like to nominate a Latina for the Sandra L. Vargas Transformational Leadership Award, please complete the ¡Adelante Esperanza! Leadership Nomination Form by March 30, 2018 describing how the nominee meets the criteria and why you believe Casa de Esperanza should select the nominee to receive this special recognition.
Criteria – We are seeking nominees who:
- Latina women in Minnesota who are 25 years of age or older
- Recognized by others as a leader with long-term credibility in working with cross-sector, cross-systems, cross-community efforts that have resulted in positive change
- Recognized as a critical thinker and as someone who can see the “big picture”
- Recognized for encouraging and lifting up the leadership of others
- Recognized for creating opportunities for women and girls—more access to information, resources, partnerships, etc.
- Supportive of addressing issues and solutions related to healthy relationships and healthy communities, domestic violence, sexual assault, or other areas of violence affecting Latin@ communities
- Always willing to challenge the status quo
- Currently, actively involved in creating change that benefits Latin@ and other communities
- Not currently an employee or board member of Casa de Esperanza
Award recipients will receive two tickets to the event where they will receive special recognition and the presentation of the ¡Adelante Esperanza! award.