We are very pleased to announce that at our 35th Anniversary Gala on May 31, 2018, we will recognize the leadership and work of a Latina in Minnesota who will receive an ¡Adelante Esperanza! Award for Community Change named in memory of Lupe R. Serrano, the visionary Executive Director and President of Casa de Esperanza. We will also recognize a Latina who will receive an award for Transformational Change named in honor of Sandra L. Vargas, former President and CEO of the Minneapolis Foundation (see separate Nomination Form). If you would like to nominate a Latina for the Lupe R. Serrano Community Change Award, please complete the ¡Adelante Esperanza! Leadership Nomination Form by March 30, 2018 describing how the nominee meets the criteria and why you believe Casa de Esperanza should select the nominee to receive this special recognition.
Criteria – We are seeking nominees who are:
- Latina women in Minnesota who are 25 years of age or older
- Recognized by others as a leader (does not need to have formal leadership position)
- Seen as utilizing shared leadership approaches and inspiring others to bring community together to build connections, relationships, and influence
- Grounded in Latin@ culture and consistently promotes the strength and power of our communities and willing to demystify and challenge community stereotypes
- Supportive of addressing issues and solutions related to healthy relationships and healthy communities, domestic violence, sexual assault, or other areas of violence affecting Latin@ communities
- Currently, actively involved in mobilizing community to take action in ways that benefits the well-being of Latin@ communities
- Willing to use her leadership role and privilege with the understanding that there may be others who at times are not able to do the same
- Not currently an employee or board member of Casa de Esperanza
Award recipients will receive two tickets to the event where they will receive special recognition and the presentation of the ¡Adelante Esperanza! award.