Become an Amig@! Amig@s commit to one year of community action. Read more about our Fuerza Unida Amig@s initiative here.
Looking for a shorter commitment? Volunteers have supported our mission (and our staff!) in the following ways:
- Lend a hand in our administrative office. See the full description here. (PDF)
- Looking for a group volunteer opportunity? Past groups have planted gardens, helped with yard work, and updated our playground. Contact us here.
- Organize a donation drive. Click here to see a list of items that are always needed at our shelter. (PDF)
- Adopt a family during the holidays as part of our holiday gift project, Proyecto Navidad. More information available each November.
- Share your story
Do you want to share your experience with domestic violence, discrimination, accessing resources in your language, immigration, encounters with police, or other community concerns?
We seek out input from communities to inform policy advocacy efforts on key legislation impacting Latin@ families experiencing domestic violence. We encourage you to share your stories of human rights violations, discrimination, community concerns and successes that will be brought to policy makers to help shape our laws.Here are two easy ways to share your story with us:
- Email your story
- Call 651-243-2333 and leave a message. There is a 3 minute limit, if your story is cut short please call back and continue. In your message please mention the state from where you are calling and indicate if you do not want us to use your name.
- Have a special talent you want to share? Contact us at here to discuss other opportunities.